2017 is all set to embark upon all of us and the ‘school admissions’ are going to be in limelight for the next few months. With the onset of the new academic year, the parents will be doing their best to find the best school for their children. Dehradun is known as the school city and is indeed going to get a fair share of crowd and attention for 2017 School Admissions.
Coming to the school admissions in Dehradun in 2017, let us focus on one of the best schools in Dehradun – Dehradun Hills Academy. The school has a much simpler admission process as compared to other schools in the city. More stress is laid upon the interaction between the prospective student, parents and the admission counsellors.
Pre-Admission Phase at Dehradun Hills Academy
- The very first step will be to purchase the school admission prospectus cum registration form which comes at a cost of Rs 5000/- and can be bought from the reception counter or by sending a Demand Draft in favour of Ch. Puran Singh Education Society payable Dehradun. The DD can be sent to our city office 51-A Subhash Road next to needs super mart Dehradun 248001
- The prospectus should be then read completely and carefully to understand all the norms and conditions.
- Once the prospectus has been read and understood, the registration form is to be filled with correct and complete information as per the form filling instructions.
- The duly filled form will then be submitted to the Admission Incharge.
- If you want to fill the application form online, you can download the same from the official website of the school and make the fee payment via bank deposit or DD or RTGF/NEFT. The DD is to be drawn in name of Ch. Puran Singh Education Society and must be payable at Dehradun.
- The list of supporting documents to be submitted along with the application form is as follows:
- Birth Certificate of the student (Original as well as copy)
- If the student is getting admission in class VI or higher, the report cards of previous 3 years are required.
- The original copy of the Birth Certificate will be returned once the verification process is over.
After the completion of this ‘pre-admissions’ process, the candidate and parents will be interviewed by the Headmaster for final admission in Dehradun Hills Academy.
Dehradun School Admission Process 2017
We firmly believe that more than any convention mode of written test it is the interaction between the parent, child and the school counselor that is of prime importance to understand the type of education and environment that you believe would be the most appropriate for your child to maximize the scope of his learning opportunities and assist him towards overall development of the student.
The admissions will finally be given on the basis of interview or the interaction of the candidate and his parent with the Headmaster. If the candidate is found to be eligible and competent enough for the school, the admission will be granted.
- Once the admission has been granted, the candidate will have to complete the remaining process which will be termed as the Post Admission Phase.
- The documents required at that time are:
Transfer Certificate (Or a letter from the previous school principal stating the bonafide of the student as well as the transcript of the previous class)
Photocopies of all the accolades won by the student in games, activities and extracurricular activities
Mandatory copy of the passport (for overseas students)
Admission document booklet duly filled and signed by both of the parents
- After this, the school will respond in the form of admission confirmation which will be sent via Email or Courier.
- The school has a uniform and bookshop which can be used to complete the required purchases. The list of the required books is already with the dealers. Hence, there is no need to spend efforts in that area.
- The students and parents will be assisted by the class teachers in covering the syllabi as well (if the admission is mid-term).
Please fill this form to start the Registration Process
Fee Structure at Dehradun Hills Academy
- The annual fee starts from as low as 1.35 lac annually which is inclusive of Tuition and Boarding fee. However, the fee structure will be different for different classes which can be read in the admission prospectus.
- The fee is minimal and less as compared to other schools and parents will find the school cost-effective.
- The parents will find the school totally affordable for all the classes.
Check out the fee structure here: Dehradun School Fee
Infrastructure of the School
The Dehradun Hills Academy (aka DDHA) is a day school and residential school and provides education to both the girls and boys. Very deep pastoral care, co-curricular activities such as Clay Modelling, Dramatics and Art, Music etc., activities for the overall development, trips and tours, clean and green campus, and a competent and efficient force of teachers workhttp://Ideal places for school picnics in Dehraduning for the overall development of the students – DDHA really works hard for its students.
Apart from the above-mentioned qualities, rest of the infrastructure facilities comprise the following as well:
- Workshops on Bird watching, Nature trail, Fire Safety, Disaster Management etc.
- Private Organic Farm and Dairy unit
- Electronic Surveillance
- Excursions and Hiking on the local hills
- Health, Safety and Nutrition management for all the students
- Open Library
- Open Air Amphitheatre
- Fine Arts Department
So while concluding the aspects of School Admission in Dehradun 2017, DDHA is really something that you can trust your child’s future with.