Children don’t naturally know how to make good choices. Life skills help children know what to do in everyday situations as well as how to make good decisions about more abstract, long-term choices. We at Dehradun Hills Academy work with your child to teach them life skills, help prepare them for the road ahead. We are off the opinion that a child who is able to understand and manage his or her emotions will not only obtain better academic results, but will be better prepared for the real world, be more successful in life, be happier and will have better physical and mental health.
Some of the Characteristics of a classroom environment at Dehradun Hills Academy which are supportive of Life Skills Education are given below –
- Reflections of real life situations and contexts.
- Collaboration among teachers, disciplines and students.
- Encouragement of curiosity, exploration and investigation.
- Responsibility for learning opportunities.
- Acknowledgement of effort, not just performance.
- Focus more on process than product or final presentation.